Medicare Advantage is a type of health insurance that gives you the freedom to choose your healthcare and helps you pay for the care you need. Medicare Advantage plans are approved by Medicare, so you can be sure your plan covers the services you need.
The program allows you to choose any approved health plan that provides all of your Part A and Part B benefits, as well as extra benefits to help cover your out-of-pocket costs. These can include prescription drug coverage (Part D), dental services, vision care, hearing aids, and more.
Medicare Advantage plans are available nationwide and are open to people with Medicare who can’t get Original Medicare because they have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) or are eligible for Extra Help paying their monthly premiums and/or deductibles or coinsurance amounts.
Top Benefits Of Getting Medicare Advantage
It’s important to understand that the benefits of Medicare Advantage are different from those of traditional Medicare. That’s why it’s vital to do your research and make an informed decision.Here are some of the top benefits of getting Medicare Advantage:
- You can choose your own doctors, specialists, and hospitals
- You can keep your Medicare Part A (hospital) and Part B (medical) coverage at no additional cost
- Your prescription drug coverage will be better than traditional Medicare because you’ll have more options for mail order or home delivery, as well as point-of-sale discounts from participating pharmacies
- You can save money on premiums by enrolling in a plan with an HMO or PPO. You’ll have fewer out-of-pocket costs than if you were to enroll in an individual plan through traditional Medicare.
- You’ll also have access to a health care team that helps coordinate all your care—from finding specialists to making sure your prescriptions are filled correctly. And if something happens while traveling (like getting sick), they’ll help you find a local doctor who accepts Medicare.
How To Choose The Right Medicare Advantage Plan
Here are some things to keep in mind when looking for any of the Medicare Advantage plans 2023:
- What are your goals? Do you want something with low copays or high deductibles? Do you want something that covers all of your medical needs? Or do you only need coverage for specific doctors’ visits or procedures? Knowing what you want will help narrow down the field of plans available to you.
- How much does it cost? Medicare Advantage plans can vary widely in price, so make sure that you look at all of your options before making a final decision about which plan is right for you.
- What other benefits does this plan offer? Some Medicare Advantage plans offer extra benefits like vision or dental coverage, so make sure that any potential plans include these types of perks if they matter to you!
Watch out for narrow networks. Some plans have very small networks, which means fewer doctors and hospitals are covered by the plan. If that’s important to you, make sure it’s in your network before choosing a plan!